The Methodist Church of Ghana is calling on Ghanaians and members of the church to disregard a viral videotape by a popular NDC activist, Frank Kwaku Appiaha.k.a. Appiah Stadium, which seeks to discredit the character of Utmost Rev.Prof. Emmanuel Asante, a former Presiding Bishop of the Church.
Appiah Stadium in the viral videotape brazened the immediate past Chairperson of the National Peace Council at burial of the late chief of Ofinso in the Ashanti Region.
He questioned Prof Asante on why he seems to have lost his voice under the current leadership of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo despite being aahot critic of the quondam John Dramani Mahama.
UtmostRev.Prof. Emmanuel Asante responded and explained in the videotape that, he used to speak in his capacity as Chairman of the National Peace Council and that, he’s no longer the head of the National Peace Council, hence his apparent silence.
But, the church in a statement observed by GhanaWeb said, the viral videotape was recorded without Utmost Rev.Prof. Asante’s knowledge and concurrence.
It added, the videotape seeks to also produce souring for the Bishop and other members of the church.
” We wish to state that the videotape was recorded without the knowledge and concurrence of the Utmost Rev. Prof Emmanuel Asante and seeks to discredit the hard-won character of the prestigious Clergyperson and to produce souring for him and members of the Clergy. We wish to encourage all to disregard the said videotape and its content,” the statement from the Methodist Church of Ghana read in part.
“The Church stays unaligned to any political party and will note on public issues as a Stakeholder in the development of our nation Ghana. God bless us all,” the statement inked by the Public Affairs Directorate concluded.
Meanwhile, Appiah Stadium justified his action in a radio interview and contended that the Reverend Minister got aggressive in his response and ended up hanging his life in the process.
The NDC periodical frequenter told Neat FM’s Kwasi Aboagye that, “the last word he ( Utmost Rev.Prof. Asante) told me was that, he’ll cut off my head. You can look at his gesture in the videotape; he hovered to cut off my head.
- Black Sherif Has Dropped A New Banger “Soja” ➡➡ Download ItSpread the loveGhanaian music sensational Black Sherif has released a […]
- List Of Madridistas Call Up For International DutySpread the loveThis is the list of Spanish giant Real […]
- Fede Valverde vs Atletico Madrid➡➡ See The Stats Mind-blowingSpread the love🚨 VALVERDE vs Atletico Madrid: perfect form for […]
- Abofour Youth For Development Is Indeed The Solution For AbofomanSpread the loveAbofour Youth For Development is a youth movement […]
- Offinso Sad News, Richard popularly Known As Stedmun Was Found Dead In His RoomSpread the loveAnother heartbreaking and Sad 😭 news From Offinso. […]